A website is nothing short of a marketing must-have for a B2B business. 74% of B2B buyers complete over half of their research online before making a purchase and 65% say that vendor websites are one of the most highly influential sources of content.
Yet how can you ensure you’re getting the most from your digital shop window? Here’s an overview of the ways in which you can adapt or refine your website to encourage more leads.
How to get people to your site
To generate leads you must first generate web traffic. The two most popular ways of promoting web content are:
- Paid: This includes sponsored posts on social media and targeted ads and pay-per-click ads on search engines
- Organic: Encouraging your followers to share your content by making it of value to your target audience
Other ways of attracting attention to your site include running competitions and giveaways (which can also boost brand loyalty) and carefully selecting industry influencers to promote your brand to their followers. 63% of customers trust what influencers say about a brand more than they trust brand advertising.
Provide a great customer experience
74% of B2B customers will pay more for a great experience. Here are a few ways to achieve that:
- Give them what they want. Research your target audience’s needs, pain points, and the keywords they search for and create content that directly addresses those subjects
- Your content should highlight the value you offer and the benefits of choosing you over your competitors
- Ensure your website is easy to use. People lose concentration after 8 seconds so use simple navigation, attention-grabbing content, and clear calls-to-action
- Optimise your website to work on mobile devices because 80% of B2B buyers use their mobile phones at numerous points in the buying process
- Add social proof such as reviews, case studies, and testimonials. After reading a trusted review, 92% of B2B buyers are more likely to make a purchase
Make the purchase process easy
Beyond generating leads, if you want to convert customers into buyers ensure that your site presents a streamlined checkout process with clear pricing and multiple payment options. 28% of customers will give up if it’s too long or complicated.
Equally, take the time to make it super easy for customers to make repeat purchases online. After all, only 15% of B2B buyers want to speak with a salesperson when buying a product or service for the second time.
Track your visitors
Audit your website analytics to discover which pages of your site get the most visitors. Then, ensure those pages have content designed to nurture their interest in your business and clear calls-to-action or forms to complete so you can capture their information and turn the web traffic from visitors into leads.
Businesses who excel at nurturing leads generate 50% more leads at 33% lower cost per lead. We’d love to help you excel. Find out more on our Digital Marketing page or get in touch.