PR (Account) Manager
The candidate we’re looking for will be a self-starter, someone who is motivated to make a difference to their accounts. The candidate will be working across a number of PR accounts, under the direction of the Account Director, and will be responsible for the day-to-day delivery of account tasks and requirements. This role demands strong attention to detail and organisational skills and the candidate must have experience balancing a number of projects at any one time. In addition, media liaison experience and excellent interpersonal skills are key to the success of this role.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Developing and managing a client communications plan, based on client requirements
- Includes identifying the most effective approach, media contacts and output
- Researching and writing press releases, thought leadership articles, rapid response commentary and blogs
- Building and developing business relationships with a range of client stakeholders
- Leading client meetings and producing contact reports
- Supervising Account Executives and other junior staff
- Liaising with external suppliers
Occasional international travel will be required as part of the role to support client events.
Desired skills and experience
To be considered for this role potential candidates must have a minimum of three years’ agency experience and hold a proven track record of account management and retention.
Qualifications and skills required:
- Strong editing and copywriting skills
- Confident and proactive approach towards media relations
- Ability to plan communications programmes, incorporating both strategy and tactics
- Ability to manage accounts and gain trust and respect of clients
- Take responsibility for delivering agreed level of activity and meeting deadlines
- Ability to delegate to Account Executives or in assigning tasks across the team
- Ability to prioritise workload and respond to client briefs on time and within budget
- Experience / knowledge of PR and marketing across B2B technology, computer software / IT services and telecommunications
- Knowledge and opinion on different communications methods including above and below the line activities
- A thirst for knowledge across current affairs – how events taking place across the world may impact or generate opportunity for client accounts
At onebite, we have a spirit that runs through our team and into our work that encapsulates what it is to work with us and what we can do for our clients. We are an energetic marketing agency, curious, and passionate about the work that we deliver and with more than three decades leading B2B marketing strategies in both technology and telecoms industries, we know what works, but more importantly what doesn’t, and we’re not afraid to say it.
There is no such thing as a ‘one-size-fits-all’ approach here, and there never will be with onebite. We’re not afraid to ask the all-important ‘why’? and as a fully integrated marketing agency with a wealth of skills under one-roof, we have the breadth and depth of skills to be able to answer or recommend what happens next, ultimately delivering a truly integrated, smart-thinking, and revolutionary approach to marketing.
If you think you’d be the perfect fit, send us your CV via the form below and tell us why!