External Marketing | 3 minute read
By 2021, over 80% of all internet traffic will be video and those who don’t react are likely to be left behind. At a time where having a multi-channel strategy is key to marketing success, video is no longer just one piece of your overall marketing plan, it is central to your outreach, campaign efforts and overall marketing strategy.
Video traditionally has been a key consumer audience channel; however, the digital landscape has changed significantly in the last few years – the explosion of video content has opened up vast opportunities for B2B marketers as well.
Transforming content marketing
As B2B marketers in particular find more innovative ways to attract audiences, video has become an integral part of the strategic conversion. It is no longer an ‘up-and-coming’ content strategy – it a very current, increasingly powerful way to communicate your brand story, explain your value proposition and build relationships with your customers and prospects. Not to mention, video also boosts your website SEO, helps increase message association, and heightens brand awareness and engagement.
As one of the fastest-growing and most in-demand forms of marketing out there, video stands out as the one thing all marketers should be doing right now. The effectiveness of video and its popularity has gone hand-in-hand with the rise of social media, with so many of us consuming online video content on a daily basis.
By the numbers
If you still need a little more convincing about whether to take advantage of video in your B2B strategy, here are a few statistics HubSpot have put together to help you understand how important video marketing has become in recent years:
- 90% of customers report that product videos help them make purchasing decisions
- 59% of company decision makers would rather watch a video than read an article or blog
- 87% of online marketers are using video content in their content marketing strategies
- Adding a video to marketing emails can boost click-through rates by 200-300%
- Embedding videos in landing pages can increase conversion rates by 80%
- 64% of customers are more likely to buy a product online after watching a video about it
- 54% of people want to see more video content from marketers
In today’s fast-paced, digitally savvy world, video marketing is one of the few types of online material that provides real value, relevancy and flexibility customers need. If you want to start driving results like these for your business, join the B2B video revolution.
If you need support in creating powerful videos to enhance your marketing content strategy, then get in contact with us today at email@example.com
Author: Rhianna MacGregor, Account Manager